In order to provide a lasting, community-based school for generations to come, Wildflower Cottage for Children, Inc. is a 501(c)(3), non-profit organization. The non-profit status helps us to remain transparent to all stakeholders—parents, teachers, and charitable donors. All can rest assured that funding goes directly toward supporting the program, staff compensation, and our children's education.
Our founding Board of Directors is comprised of local, professional men and women. Each brings a unique perspective and experience to their role: business management, finances, accounting, law, human resources, education, health care, occupational safety, insurance, advertisement, education, real estate, grant-writing, counseling, etc.
Our Board of Directors participates in the development and long-range planning for Wildflower Cottage. Some of the qualifications considered:
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of young children and their families.
- Natural affinity for cultivating relationships and facilitating consensus among diverse individuals.
- Experience working on other boards of directors, advisory boards, committees, or teams.
- Familiarity and/or the willingness to learn about the regulations and agencies that govern Wildflower Cottage for Children (Division of Child Development and Early Education—Child Care Law, NC Rated License Assessment Project, Eco-Healthy Child Care, Fire Department, Health Department, etc.)
- Willingness to consider new ideas and to engage in active learning that is applied to Wildflower Cottage for Children.
- Ability to observe strict confidentiality about board discussions, especially in regard to protecting the privacy of students, parents/guardians, and staff.